Sunday, July 22, 2012

About Me

    Hi I'm Honey B. I realized today that I have never wrote an about me post. I'm 28 years old. A Wife, a mother, a full-time employee, and a friend. I have been dating my husband since the 10th grade. This November will make 4 years married and 12 years together. He is my rock. He had knee surgery a couple weeks ago. He doesn't work because of his injury and we are in the process of applying for disability.
   I have two wonderful boys that are 7 and 9. They are great. They love soccer, Lego's, video games, and playing war. In the fall they will enter 2nd and 4th grade.
     I work full time. I used to coupon but got too busy to keep up. I also used a method that took too much time. Last week I came up with a new idea to start over. I used to file everything in folders with the date and only cut what I need ... (sigh)....but if you don't know your going to buy it than you don't have a coupon. This also made clearance sales a challenge because you would need to make a separate trip. Now I started a coupon binder. So I always have all my coupons. I also started my own coupon database. As I file them into my coupon binder I enter the data in a Google drive spreadsheet. I have not been able to find a coupon database that has my coupons so I thought it shouldn't be hard to make my own. I enter the coupon, the date it expires, the section/ page / and slot that it is in. That way when it expires I can locate it easy to remove. It is also available anywhere I go, from any computer, from even my phone. This week I also sorted it by section and expiration date and printed a copy to keep at the front.
   There are 5 people that live in my house. My Hubby, 2 kiddos, myself, and my brother. So you can imagine with all these Men my food budget is out of control. I have to do something. So back to couponing (is couponing a real word?). I will document as much as can but I'm so busy already. Even now I must go make dinner before they revolt against me. 
    I made a couple shopping trips I will let you know how it went later tonight.

Love Ya
~Honey B~

No comments:

Post a Comment